[Bf-committers] RNA Defaults

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 04:42:50 CEST 2012

IMHO to resolve this we should have some define, DNA_defaults.h (or
split by type DNA_defaults_scene.h, etc)
that has all defaults which can be shared by RNA and the BKE
initializer functions.

this is tedious, not-fun stuff, headers would look something like...

#define DNA_DEF_SCENE_SAMPLES  8  /* scene->r.osa */
#define DNA_DEF_SCENE_FPS  24  /* scene->r.frs_sec */

So that functions like BKE_scene_add() would have few hard coded values.

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 3:13 AM, Harley Acheson
<harley.acheson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Long-standing "To Do" item #23538 mentions how most RNA properties are
> missing
> defaults. So we right-click on them, select "Reset to Default Value" and
> they revert
> to minimums instead
>
> Patch #32854 adds 120 defaults to rna_scene.c, which are properties shown on
> the scene and render tabs.  Strangely I was not able to make the render
> resolution
> dimensions revert to a normal default (still changes to 4x4), but
> everything else works
> well...
>
> Harley

- Campbell