[Bf-committers] Docs for XCode and MSVC IDE Setup still missing

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 02:33:44 CEST 2012

Our wiki docs for IDE setup are still missing for main mac and windows IDE's.

It would be great if devs who use these IDE's would help with basic
setup instructions.

The whole build setup doesn't need to be documented, you can assume
they have completed a blender build from our building blender
instructions
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Building_Blender.

Heres an example of pages I did for some IDE's on linux.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/IDE_Configuration/Linux_CMake_Eclipse
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/IDE_Configuration/Linux_CMake_KDevelop
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/IDE_Configuration/Linux_CMake_NetBeans

All you need to do is load the project and list changes from defaults
that are needed to be able to develop blender usefully.
eg - don't clean whitespace, use tabs, point to blender executable is
sometimes needed too, sometimes debugging wont work out of the box
without tweaking settings.

Since some of the IDE's have many options for configuring style, and
its not always so important to set this up (aside from tabs & line
length) - I've made this page separate.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/CodeStyle/Configuration#IDE

Missing docs:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/IDE_Configuration/OSX_CMake_XCode