[Bf-committers] Popup Tooltip Hint Text

Harley Acheson harley.acheson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 03:58:47 CEST 2012

Harley

Today I noticed that when hovering over the screen layout name or scene
name the
popup tip text shows "Unique datablock ID name".  It is the same for all
inputs of that
type, like world name, object name, material name, etc.

I added a one-line patch (#32738) that makes them show the proper
RNA_property_ui_description.

I then added another patch (#32740) that updates the tip text shown on all
of those and
the related buttons around them.  It removes a lot of the inconsistencies
that have bothered
me for a while and makes everything a little easier to understand. Details
of what is changed,
and why, is in the patch comment.

Cheers, Harley