[Bf-committers] Can BGE be relicensed?

Sinan Hassani [email redacted]
Fri Nov 30 22:02:41 CET 2012

I think a license like MIT is too liberal. FSF recommends against it,
because you lose the GPL advantage that proprietary software does not
have and can't take advantage of.

So I recommend a license that's GPL like (i.e. open source, free
software), so either GPL, LGPL or like you said some GPL exception that
is a good balance and doesn't conflict with App Store agreements.

If BGE becomes compatible with App Stores, I think that would make it
more than viable for a long time.

Sinan