[Bf-committers] Scons build error: '/opt/lib/ffmpeg/lib/libxvidcore.a' not found

Ben Batt benbatt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 04:29:28 CET 2012

I'm trying to build Blender with Scons on Ubuntu 12.04, and getting
the following error:

scons: *** [/home/artificer/blender-svn/git/build/linux/bin/blender]
Source `/opt/lib/ffmpeg/lib/libxvidcore.a' not found, needed by target
`/home/artificer/blender-svn/git/build/linux/bin/blender'.

This is after I have successfully run install_deps.sh, and updated my
user-config.py to look like this (as instructed by install_deps.sh):

BF_DEBUG = True
WITH_BF_PLAYER = False

BF_PYTHON = '/opt/lib/python-3.3'
BF_PYTHON_ABI_FLAGS = 'm'
BF_OCIO = '/opt/lib/ocio'
BF_OIIO = '/opt/lib/oiio'
BF_BOOST = '/opt/lib/boost'
BF_FFMPEG = '/opt/lib/ffmpeg'
BF_FFMPEG_LIB = 'avformat avcodec swscale avutil avdevice theoraenc
theora theoradec vorbis vorbisenc vorbisfile xvidcore vpx mp3lame x264
openjpeg schroedinger-1.0'

I don't understand why it's looking for libxvidcore.a in
/opt/lib/ffmpeg/lib? I have the libxvidcore-dev package installed, and
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libxvidcore.a exists.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
- Ben