[Bf-committers] numpy integration followup

Vilem Novak pildanovak at post.cz
Fri Nov 23 12:39:39 CET 2012

last remarks -

yesterday I tried again with official blender release and official numpy
builds on windows, and didn't suceed.

here are some other user's trouble installing numpy:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?246635-Import-numpy-again!-
Mac-OS-X-10-6-8-Blender-2-62

for windows, I ended up digging the right numpy installation from an older
blender build on my harddrive

which was allready with numpy.It was a 2.63 build, so probably during the
2.63 phase numpy really was distributed with blender.

In summary, it's really not easy for a common user to install matching
python libraries which need building.

So, the conclusion is, numpy can be quite hard to install for casual user,
where only exception is linux.

I just wanted to make this discussion complete, I understand if there isn't
time for this.

Cheers

Vilem