[Bf-committers] Cursor to center of mass

Sergej Reich sergej.reich at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 21 18:35:19 CET 2012

Hey Jason,

currently there is a problem with n-gons when chalculating the center of mass.
The issue is that we don't have a good way of calculating centroids for n-gons and just use the vertex average, so the calculated origin will drift a little when your polygons have many vertices.
I'd prefer to just tirangulate the model and use the triangle centroids but after a discussion with Campbell we decided it's not worth allocating a bunch of faces just to get a litte more accuracy.

Regards, Sergej.