[Bf-committers] Blender issues on Windows

bjornmose at gmx.net bjornmose at gmx.net
Wed Nov 21 01:17:57 CET 2012

ho,
I voice up rarely because I use pretty aged versions of blender in our
production line.
Building Blender for Windows  from the 'hot rod' is a challenge every
time I try.
Most annoying is downloading the entire lib/windows mess for an/some
hour(s) on a clean (virtual) machine.
Yes .. we do use virtual machines .. just to tame the windows version
zoo on the customer side :)
IMHO that directory needs to be structured like
lib .. windows
      (..target switch)
        ..32
           ..common
          ..development system
          ..Unix clones
          ..ms likes

        ..64
           ..common
          ..development system
           ..Unix clones
           ..ms likes
so I can check out the things I really need
old man's grumbling ends here .. almost,
A symbolic hug at the
flying Dutchman
I know it is hard to control a pile of ants.