[Bf-committers] AAC and ACC3 support

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 18:38:36 CET 2012

Hi,

Well, issue is simple -- in FFmpeg this codecs are marked as experimental
and unless you're configuring export context in a proper way (enable
experimental codecs) you can not use this codecs. It seems that if FFmpeg
is compiled with libfaac this codecs could be used. Bad thing that it makes
FFmpeg unable to be redistributed via blender.org.

I've made quick tests trying to make AAC/AC3 working without libfaac (seems
FFmpeg does have own implementation for this codecs) but it ended up in
only noise in output.

The question is: is there somebody who're familiar with this stuff and
could make it work or we're simply disable this codecs?

--
With best regards, Sergey Sharybin