[Bf-committers] Blender issues on Windows

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 13:18:32 CET 2012

Hello everyone,

I've tried to work on some bugs on Windows today and i couldn't do that.

First issue was missed debug library for i18n (seems it's substituding by
#pragma in boost includes as a recommended).

I was able to compile blender on windows without i18n but it crashed on
startup -- something with OIIO and STL (memcpy to bad memory).

This wasn't happening approximatelly a week ago and current situation is
really annoying -- we can not fix windows-related bugs even.

I've already spent lots ot time getting linux platform working and
investigating current windows crap and would rather leave windows platform
to other developers.

Suggestion would be:

- Get debug builds working ASAP -- we really need this for bug tracker and
other kind of general development.

- Fix OSL issues to the end of week on all platforms. If OSL is not stable
on all platforms to the end of week i would seriously consider doing 2.65
release without OSL and leave it for 2.66.

--
With best regards, Sergey Sharybin