[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting minutes - 18 november 2012

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Sun Nov 18 17:52:23 CET 2012

Hi all,

Notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders

a) 2.65 Release Status

* We will do a test build next week, tuesday earliest, but may be a few
days later. Only OSL bugs and build issues are holding it up now, should be
solved in the next days.

b) Last week

* Sergey finished image threading safe improvements. Needs more speed tests
of Blender Internal with multi-core system (especially OSX run on Xeon
stations which was an issue in the past)

* Sergey and Bastien wrote a script which installs and compiles
dependencies for linux. This script replaces pre-compiled libraries from
the svn. Wiki pages were updated
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Doc/Building_Blender/Linux/Generic_Distro/CMake#Automatic_dependencies_installation

* OS X 10.8 + boost::locale + OCIO issue should be solved now, by using the
10.7 SDK for builds.

* OSL is now supposed to be working for all platforms expect for the issues
mentioned below. Thanks all for the hard work, seems this was a somewhat
painful experience :)

c) Next week

* Test build! We'll let platform maintainers know when we're ready.

* Brecht looks into OSL issues and getting cycles motion blur working on
GPU. OSL building still has 3 issues to solve: some crashes on windows
(connecting float to color socket), scons link errors on windows, and 32
bit not working on mac.

* Sergey will spend time on motion tracker, solving issues with masked
tracking.

* Thomas works on release notes for test build.

* To all developers: please check bug tracker for important bugs, and add
release notes for big features you added!

d) Other Projects

* Nicholas reports progress is being made on dyntopo, it's much more stable
now than a week or two ago.

* Howard mentions he will likely merge bridge tool improvements from summer
of code for the 2.66 release.

Thanks,
Brecht.