[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting minutes - 18 november 2012
Brecht Van Lommel
brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Sun Nov 18 17:52:23 CET 2012
Notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders
a) 2.65 Release Status
* We will do a test build next week, tuesday earliest, but may be a few
days later. Only OSL bugs and build issues are holding it up now, should be
solved in the next days.
b) Last week
* Sergey finished image threading safe improvements. Needs more speed tests
of Blender Internal with multi-core system (especially OSX run on Xeon
stations which was an issue in the past)
* Sergey and Bastien wrote a script which installs and compiles
dependencies for linux. This script replaces pre-compiled libraries from
the svn. Wiki pages were updated
* OS X 10.8 + boost::locale + OCIO issue should be solved now, by using the
10.7 SDK for builds.
* OSL is now supposed to be working for all platforms expect for the issues
mentioned below. Thanks all for the hard work, seems this was a somewhat
painful experience :)
c) Next week
* Test build! We'll let platform maintainers know when we're ready.
* Brecht looks into OSL issues and getting cycles motion blur working on
GPU. OSL building still has 3 issues to solve: some crashes on windows
(connecting float to color socket), scons link errors on windows, and 32
bit not working on mac.
* Sergey will spend time on motion tracker, solving issues with masked
* Thomas works on release notes for test build.
* To all developers: please check bug tracker for important bugs, and add
release notes for big features you added!
d) Other Projects
* Nicholas reports progress is being made on dyntopo, it's much more stable
now than a week or two ago.
* Howard mentions he will likely merge bridge tool improvements from summer
of code for the 2.66 release.
More information about the Bf-committers