[Bf-committers] Precompiled linux libraries were removed

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 14:15:15 CET 2012

Hi,

I've just made a commit which removed precompiled linux libraries from our
svn. For those who're notfamiliar why it was done -- this libraries were
causing a general headache  for maintainers and users, they also didn't
work well for modern distros (because it's difficult to make a library
which will work on all supported linux distros).

Now we do have a script which installs all available dependencies from the
repository and compiles all missing dependencies. This script is called
install_deps.sh and could be found in blender's svn [1].

I've updated linux build instructions, so they now briefly describes how to
use this script [2]. Probably some further refirement of that wiki section
is needed.

I also want to say special thanks to Bastien Montagne who helped a lot
writing install_deps.sh script!

[1]
https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/trunk/blender/build_files/build_environment/install_deps.sh
[2]