[Bf-committers] Replacement for pre-compiled Linux libraries

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 20:49:49 CET 2012

Hi,

I was working on a script which is aimed to install/build all
the dependencies needed by Blender. It should make it easier from
maintaince point of view than current libraries from the svn.

I've tested the script using Fedora 14, 17 and Ubuntu 10.04, 12.10. Looks
like this script installs all needed dependencies from the report and
builds missing ones. However, it's not so nice to build Blender in a
virtual machine, so could not guarantee there's no linking errors happens
in the end.

I would ask actual users of this platforms to check if the script behaves
properly and let me know if there're issues with the script. But please,
don't use bug tracker for this reports.

This script is placed in build_files/build_environment/install_deps.sh.

One more thing i would need help with is updating wiki pages around
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Doc/Building_Blender/Linux (think
we'll need to mention the script there when it'll be considered 100% ready)

Also, i would like to zap precompiled libraries to the end of this week if
the script will work nicely.

--
With best regards, Sergey Sharybin