[Bf-committers] Triangulate modifier

CoDEmanX codemanx at gmx.de
Sat Nov 10 17:57:13 CET 2012

We already have tesselation (tris+quad), and you can turn the quads into
triangles by taking vert 0,1,2 and 2,3,0. That will give you a
triangulation like seen in Blender viewport. So why not use tessfaces?
I'd like to have a viewport option to show triangulation edges, but I
can't see the reason for triangulation modifier.

btw. I wrote a little script to make tessellation visible why creating a
new mesh from tessfaces:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?255806-Release-Tessfaces-to-new-mesh-(makes-tessellation-visible)