[Bf-committers] Remove Menu Level from Object Parent and Track?

Harley Acheson harley.acheson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 23:01:34 CET 2012

Hello,

Patch #33073<http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=33073&group_id=9&atid=127>is
a change to the 3DView Editor "Object" menu to remove the extra
submenu
from "Parent" and "Track".  Both have a secondary level of "Set" and
"Clear" that you must open before seeing the related options.  This isn't
really necessary since there are only two modes (set and clear) and the
next menus are relatively small.  The current behavior requires a very
precise horizontal mouse movement in order to select an item.

The patch removes that extra menu level by placing the "Set" options above
the "Clear" options with a separator line in between.  The "Clear" items
have icons added that make the differentiation very obvious.

[image: Inline image 1]

Regards, Harley

PS: Does anybody mind when I pollute this mailing list (and the tracker)
with silly little ideas like this?  Sometimes I just get bored and need a
break from "real" work.