[Bf-committers] Which OSL branch should be used for building Blender?

IRIE Shinsuke irieshinsuke at yahoo.co.jp
Sat Nov 3 21:27:58 CET 2012

Hi developers,

I'm testing OSL Script node on Ubuntu.

Recently I uploaded OSL's deb package to PPA:

 https://launchpad.net/~irie/+archive/openshadinglanguage

and could use it for building Blender.  However, after the OSL node
merge, it doesn't work anymore because Blender requires modified
version of OSL which includes incompatible API changes.  So, I'm
using Thomas' repository in github now, but I'm not sure which branch
I should use.  RB-1.2? or blender-fixes?

Anyway, annoying thing is that find_library() in CMakeLists.txt will
ignore the OSL's install path specified by CYCLES_OSL if there is
a system-wide installation of OSL, so I have to apt-get remove the
deb packages before building Blender to avoid build failure.  I hope
that OSL's source tree will be merged into Blender's tree (under
extern/ directory), like bullet physics.

Thanks,
--
IRIE Shinsuke