[Bf-committers] Steam Greenligth

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 18:54:43 CET 2012

> you would have to make a steam-blender that integrates  with steam API and installs into their folder structure.  You would have to look into legal and OSS on the store

I always thought that to integrate an app with their API/SDK would
violate GPL (based on nothing but a blind guess). I'm saying that
because I know BGE games can already be in greenlight (you can find
Dead Cyborg there) but I heard people wondering about full integration
with their online trophy system for example.

So it would be interesting to investigate that, not necessarily for
Blender, but for the BGE

Some links:
https://partner.steamgames.com
http://www.steampowered.com/steamworks/