[Bf-committers] Segmentation fault when rendering in viewport

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Nov 2 10:55:36 CET 2012

Hi,

This is not really the place for bug reports you know...
Also if you would have put in the tracker, it's best to follow the guidelines written down there:

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=add&group_id=9&atid=498

I would have commented:

- Always be exact: "viewport render" can mean more things, I thought you meant OpenGL viewport render.
  Say something like: "Press F12 for render image with mouse in 3d editor".
- Just always test 2.64a release and mention result.
- And check with an official build from builder.blender.org
- Mention what OS you use even?

I tried OpenGL render here (OSX 64 bits) and it goes fine. On F12 render it crashes:

0x0000000101441a34 in rna_Main_meshes_remove (bmain=0x10a1d7838, reports=0x0, mesh_ptr=0x10993ea38) at rna_main_api.c:262
262		if (ID_REAL_USERS(mesh) <= 0) {
(gdb) p mesh
$1 = (Mesh *) 0x0

It's a Cycles bug. Now let's just move this to the tracker?

-Ton-