[Bf-committers] AVI CODEC future

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon May 28 11:50:36 CEST 2012

Hi,

Not sure which exactly AVI codec doesn't work for you.

Tested AVI Jpeg and AVI Raw from output file format and it works just fine.
And you can not actually remove this or underlying code because it's also
used for proxies.

For codec's format AVI also works fine here. It might not work with some
specific combination of file format, container and codec used but that
doesn't mean it shall be removed.

The thing which is really should be improved here is making
dependencies/incompatibilities between video coding settings more obvious.
It's not so easy because dependencies are not single-sided. That's in my
TODO list actually..

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Thomas Dinges <blender at dingto.org> wrote:

> Hey everyone,
> I had a look at the AVI Codec format in the Output Format menu.
>
> It never worked in 2.5x, because it's missing the format select menu.
> This was also only working in 2.4x on windows.
>
> Suggestions:
> 1) Comment the entry in the RNA enum
>
> 2) Remove the whole underlying code, because I think it's questionable
> anyone will bring that back. I had a brief look at the code in 2.4, and
> its quite a bit to port over.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Best regards,
> Thomas