[Bf-committers] Eigen3 128bit alignment issues in ceres

Stephan Kassemeyer stapfx at gmx.de
Mon May 28 03:14:13 CEST 2012

Hi,

in tomato branch, I get a segfault when doing video tracking.
I turned on debug mode and got an Eigen3 assertion
EIGEN_MAKE_UNALIGNED_ARRAY_ASSERT which mentions this
web page: http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox-devel/TopicUnalignedArrayAssert.html

I tried their suggestions, so far without any success.
The only thing that helps is to disable all
vectorization with the following definitions:
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING=-D EIGEN_DONT_VECTORIZE -D EIGEN_DISABLE_UNALIGNED_ARRAY_ASSERT

In the backtrace,
the last non-Eigen3 code is

   FixedArray<JetT, (256 * 7) / sizeof(JetT)> x(
        N0 + N1 + N2 + N3 + N4 + N5 + num_outputs);

in extern/libmv/third_party/ceres/include/ceres/internal/autodiff:303

I was compiling using cmake.
If you have any ideas, please let me know, I can test.

regards,
Stephan Kassemeyer.