[Bf-committers] Exporting Object Tracking Animations to COLLADA

Sukhitha Jayathilake pr.jayathilake at gmail.com
Sun May 27 12:33:08 CEST 2012

Hi!

Currently when exporting Object tracking animations, like eyeballs
that follow some object,
only the moving track-to object animation is exported. So importing
the .dae back wont show the
eyeball moving, for example. In order to make this right, Either

1. We can add a separate blender profile, which adds trackTo
attribute, which points to
    The track-to object. This wouldn't be of much use for other
software, because it's blender specific.
2. Sort of Bake the Animation to the tracking object, and export.
Which would introduce another animation curve, but
    wouldn't actually impose the constraint between the objects when
imported back.

Or there maybe a better solution that I'm missing. What do you think
would be best?

Cheers,
Phabtar