[Bf-committers] Split Collada into a python frontend and a C++backend

gulftel angjminer at gulftel.com
Mon May 21 01:31:48 CEST 2012

why not just do a complete python colada exporter?
mine is just that , minus the camera and lights, with some extra stuff
thrown in,
hopefully by the end of the month ill have a modified skeletal mesh export,
any way what i mean is there needs to be a solid collada exporter, which
they are doing right now,
but we also need a python module that we can use for special cases, for when
we need to modify what gets exported and how.
if you look at the cryblend addon, youll see its not that hard,
where it become dificult is when you try to be all things to all people.

sorry, but i think we need both/ the internal as a standard/ and a python
module that can be built upon depending on the needs of the target.
angjminer