[Bf-committers] Survey on Panoramic Images in cg/movies/games industry

Sean Olson seanolson at gmail.com
Thu May 17 23:24:34 CEST 2012

Hi All,

My wife's company is looking for 1 or two leads for people who use
panoramic images in cg/games/movies.  Unfortunately they can only use
people in the United States (I'm guessing taxes or something).  They
do have a budget to provide honorariums in the $150-$200 range for
each 15-30 minute phone interview.  Hope it makes some blender head a
little extra dough.  Anyway here are some copy/pasted details on the
opportunity.  I know there are some IBL folks lurking around here that
might be interested.

I suppose just reply directly if you are interested and I'll forward
your info to my wife.

-Sean

--------------------------------------
We’re kicking off a project that involves attitudes and use of
Panoramic Images.  As part of this effort, we’re interested in
speaking with people in the following industries who USE PANORAMIC
IMAGES IN THEIR WORK.  Please note that they do not have to create the
panoramic images (although it’s okay if they do).  We’re more
interested in how they’re used in their field and why.

Here are the fields/areas we’re interested in exploring:
Real Estate – Developers, planners, agents, website managers, etc.
 *Most frequent use of panorama-like images: Virtual Tours

Video Games – Developers, programmers, designers, etc.
*Most frequent use of panorama like images: Backgrounds, Virtual Worlds

Travel – Agents, location scouts, web designers
*Most frequent use of panorama like images: Support the sales process
via immersive location images

Architecture – Architects, modelers
*Most frequent use of panorama like images: 3-D modeling, perspective
studies, concept exploration, support sales process

Museums – Managers, curators, digital curator, website designer
*Most frequent use of panorama-like images: Virtual Tours

If you know someone who might be a fit, please let us know!  It would
be helpful to provide their contact info, or best way to reach them.
If you gave them a head’s up about the study, that would also be
helpful.  Ideally, we’re looking for 2 individuals in each field.  The
only limitation is that they be in the US.

 We will be scheduling phone interviews of 15-30 minutes with each
person over the next couple of weeks.  If you know someone who might
fit the above industries/roles, please let us know!  If you know
someone who uses panoramic images in their work but NOT in one of the
fields above, please let us know anyway.  We may be able to use them
as well!