[Bf-committers] Icon svg file coming

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Tue May 15 15:55:53 CEST 2012

I'm a little worried to talk about it, since I think the stroke
settings currently have misleading names, and so I'd get bad icons,
but here goes.

Keep in mind I'm listing everything that comes to mind.  Not
everything may really need its own icon.  I also also am talking about
things you cannot find in trunk, for details you can go here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Jwilkins

The basic stroke type settings: 'airbrush', 'dots', 'drag dot',
'space', and 'anchor'.  Additionally, new basic stoke types such as
straight line.

We already have icons for 'snapping' and 'tablet pressure'.

We will eventually need an icon for enabling 'tablet pen tilt'.

I've been using 'comb' for 'rake'.  I'm not sure the obvious and
literal icon of a yard rake is appropriate, but it may be.

We could use the 'smooth curve' icon for 'smooth stroke', but I think
its a bad match.  Besides a generic 'smooth input' icon there could be
'smooth position', 'smooth pressure', 'smooth tilt', 'smooth rake'

Same goes with the 'random curve' icon for 'jitter input'.  There
could be a generic 'jitter input' icon or there could be 'jitter
position', 'jitter pressure', 'jitter tilt', and 'jitter rake'

There will eventually be three (four) cursor modes, 'off', 'circle',
'on-surface', and ('debug').  There is probably a generic 'no' or
'off' icon already.

There will be a new 'input sample averaging' setting that is lower
level than the other settings and uses a different method than 'smooth
stroke' that is less dramatic.

'one-way stroke' allows you to apply strokes in a single direction
without constantly lifting the mouse button or pen.

Another thing I experimented with are using MyPaint's Brushlib.  In
that case 'MyPaint' is kind of a brand name.

Finally, I experimented with a way of 'simulate pressure', however an
icon probably needs to be more generic, something like 'brush
dynamics' or 'brush physics'

If you look at my user page you will see that I scavenged around
blender to find icons like the youngest of ten children.