[Bf-committers] For MinGW builders

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Thu May 10 10:22:59 CEST 2012

Hi, for people who may want CUDA binaries with MinGW-w64:

I found a method that works easily and (legally :) ) and updated the
wiki to include it:

You will need the Windows SDK (I downloaded version 7.0 since 7.1 has
a very buggy installer).
You still need something more:
Apparently the cuda compiler has a "hard-coded" directory for 64-bit
compilers. To make the fix, copy the needed file "vcvars64.bat" and
rename it to "vcvarsamd64.bat" as follows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin\vcvars64.bat

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin\amd64\vcvarsamd64.bat

(method copied from
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2970493/cuda-linking-error-visual-express-2008-nvcc-fatal-due-to-null-configuratio
)

Now if you try to compile from a msvc terminal you should get your kernels :)

This method may even work without installing MSVC express though I
haven't tested this.

If debug windows dlls work as well only with Windows SDK then MinGW
developers who build debug builds can skip Visual Studio Express 2008
and only download the SDK. If anyone can test this it would be nice.