[Bf-committers] Proposal on Default Settings

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun May 6 23:07:33 CEST 2012

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 4:04 AM, Alberto Torres <kungfoobar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Yes, please to:
> - Continuous grab. I would change it for 3D views so the mouse doesn't
> wrap inside the area but inside the whole window, but it's not
> important.

There are 2 reasons to wrap grab within the space (and not the entire window)
- If you wrap within the window. executing a tool can leave the mouse
over a different space type, where hitting a key will perform some
unexpected operation. (3d view to sequencer for eg).
- When a window spans 2+ monitors, its actually quite annoying when
the mouse ends up over on the far side of the screen.

So I prefer not to change this.

The main reason this option was disabled by default was because of
tablet input (which most users set to absolute positioning) cant be
wrapped usefully.
Today I committed a fix so tablet events dont get wrapped (on X11),
support needs to be added for OSX and windows still.