[Bf-committers] Proposal on Default Settings

Tobias Oelgarte tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com
Sun May 6 19:23:43 CEST 2012

In 2.49 and 2.5 the first thing I did to use Blender was to switch to
turntable. It isn't perfect for sculpting an texturing, since you loose
some kind of freedom, but otherwise i feel much more comfortable with
turntable.

But there is a second thing that i always change. I switch the preset
for panning and rotation against each other in the viewport. You can pan
everywhere while pressing the middle mouse button and drag. But inside
the viewport it is rotation. *big eyes*

The reasons for me to do that:
* I pan much more often then i rotate the view.
* In isometric perspective (front, left, ...) this preset is rather
annoying to me. Just miss to hold down the shift key and the view is
gone. Especially with "auto perspective" enabled (i like it).
* It just feels natural to me, since most applications let you pan with
the middle mouse button.

Why not make it the default?