[Bf-committers] Should I write an add-on or a patch?

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Thu May 3 20:32:16 CEST 2012

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Tyler Mercer <tyleramercer at gmail.com> wrote:
> @Knapp: I have learned Python. Perhaps it is because I was using the BGE
> Python library, but to me it seems slow and (probably due to errors in BGE
> Python at the time) hard to use. As Brecht affirmed, it's definitely too
> slow for what I have in mind.

Slow python code almost always comes from someone trying to do Python code
in a C like style. You have to do things the python way to get speed.
It takes some
 learning, not to discount the possibility that BGE is slow.

Also for the final product, it is clear that C is likely the way to
go. I have no idea
 what it is that you are doing mathematically but if you wanted to do
it in python
 then you might need numpy or the likes to get the speed you want.

This looks like a good link for getting some speed from python.
http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonSpeed/PerformanceTips

Anyway, I still agree that with what Brecht said.

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: