[Bf-committers] patch tracker

Harley Acheson harley.acheson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 23:00:12 CEST 2012

Hello,

I hate to mention the Patch Tracker in case I'm just missing something, but
here goes...

It seems to me that the patch tracker is currently designed to fill up with
crap.  What I mean is that once a patch is accepted it just disappears from
the list, while the unaccepted ones just linger there forever.

First, the way the accepted ones just disappear is a little disconcerting.
With the last couple I didn't even get an email notification so I had no
idea what happened until I noticed my changes in the trunk.

What made it hard to figure out is that not only are they gone from the
patch tracker list, but they no longer show up on "My Page".  It would much
more useful to show me *all* my patches on "My Page", accepted or not,
closed or not, along with the status.  This way I would have seen that
those were accepted.

Being able to see all my own patches would also mean that you could put a
note on one that says "dumb idea" or whatever, and then change the status
to "closed".  I would still see it and would know the reason, but it would
no longer pollute the main list.

Harley