[Bf-committers] patch tracker

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 19:15:40 CEST 2012

Hi all,

for old patches (2010 and earlier) I've requested the author to
respond whether the patch is still useful or should be closed.

We really need to get a plan for the patch tracker, folks have
submitted patches that appear quite useful but have languished for a
long time.  I've had discussions with developers who mentioned that
the lack of response on their patch has discouraged them from
contributing.  So we are definitely not growing the blender dev team
as quickly as could happen due to lack of patch review.

Perhaps we should bring back the practice where part of each weekly
meeting or one meeting a month is dedicated to patch review?

LetterRip