[Bf-committers] Preparing Blender for GateKeeper

Mike Erwin significant.bit at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 01:41:51 CEST 2012

>> Why do names like GateKeeper make me feel like I am living in some bad
>> SF book with a bad ending?
>>
> Or a cheesy mid-90's movie with Sandra Bullock.

Hey, that's an awesome movie! I might or might not have stepped frame
by frame through when she debugged the game to see what architecture
it was... Motorola 68K!

>> Can we find someone that has already paid and let them sign it?
>>
> It should be the current OSX maintainer/builder, perhaps the BF could
> get him a license.

Official builds should be signed with an official BF key, not anyone's
personal developer ID. Some of the documents linked by the Apple rep
can only be read AFTER you sign up and pay up, but I did find this
explanation of company/individual roles:

https://developer.apple.com/programs/roles/index.php

I hope to be getting a new laptop soon, to explore some of the newer
Mac APIs. For now I'm still rockin' the PowerBook... If this happens
before Mountain Lion ships, I'd be glad to upgrade to the paid ADC
tier, become a "Member" developer working under a BF "Agent" and sign
release builds.

Is it just me, or did Mac development seem a whole lot simpler last
year? We still have a few months to sort this stuff out before
Mountain Lion is released from its cage.

Hmm, what happens if I click this...