[Bf-committers] Blender FX Proposal

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 21:17:18 CEST 2012

Being "more powerful" does not mean at all that it will have less
performance.  Other game engines like Unreal or Unity are more
powerful than BGE and they perform well.  The main point is that I
want to be able to do post-processing effects for the purpose of
helping users visualize surfaces better and that such a feature would
be similar to and better than the one available in BGE.  If that is
true, how should I approach things so that BGE and the normal view
port do not needlessly diverge.

Even if we purposefully restricted the game engine to a subset of
functionality there is no reason for that subset to be implemented
using a totally different code base.  That is what I'm wondering
about.