[Bf-committers] Occlusion Query based selection

Mike Erwin significant.bit at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 19:21:47 CEST 2012

Hey Antony,
I'm glad you're working on this, because fast selection is required
for better 3D mouse interaction. Not selection in the "user clicked
something" sense, but I need to know what objects are shown in a
certain part of the view, and how far away they are. I've done
experiments with depth buffer queries already available in the 3D
view. Depth values work for some cases, but I would rather be able to
(also) talk about objects.

Mike Erwin
musician, naturalist, pixel pusher, hacker extraordinaire