[Bf-committers] Compositing View Port Proposal

Tobias Oelgarte tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 28 17:09:00 CEST 2012

Yes i would do that. In many cases I don't really need reflections,
glass with IOR or even ambient occlusion. If both would work nearly
pixel exact AO could still be added by rendering with BI as a second
pass for compositing.

Currently we have a OpenGL Render capability (the two buttons on the
right side of the 3D-View menu bar) which is quite useful sometimes, but
it lacks the mentioned features which are such heavy drawbacks, that it
isn't a real option to replace rendering. Soft shadows would be my
personal main priority and the Game Engine would definitely profiting
from it.