[Bf-committers] Compositing View Port Proposal

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 15:01:30 CEST 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 5:26 AM, Antony Riakiotakis <kalast at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jason, forgot to mention...You would also need to modify the shaders
> to use hardware instancing (for GL 3.0+ hardware, still nice to have),
> which would also be a nice addition for particles,duplicated meshes
> etc :)

I am imagining the SoC project as being a chance to lay down the
foundations of the "domain specific language" of composing a view.  To
that end I see myself leaving a lot of the actual drawing code intact.
 I would only be changing the context in which the rendering code is
called.

My impression is that it would be out of the scope of my proposal to
add instancing because that would be a new code path.