[Bf-committers] Compositing View Port Proposal

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 08:58:51 CEST 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Mike Erwin <significant.bit at gmail.com> wrote:
> With all the major stuff you've done for sculpt, what I meant was "if
> anyone can tackle a tough problem, it's you." Sorry for being unclear!

I think I understood this is what you meant, but I'm not invincible by
any stretch.  It is good to make sure something is achievable in the
limited time available.

> So for instance the 3D view, would you issue one call like "3D view,
> draw thyself", then composite widgets & overlays on top of that based
> on a script? Or does it go deeper into how the 3D view is actually
> drawn? Or am I missing the point entirely?

This looks like a reasonable summary.  I do not think it really "goes
deeper" except, for example, you might be able to support something
like deferred lighting eventually.  I say "eventually" because my goal
at this point is not to provide a full game engine like capability
like you'd see in Unreal or Unity.

Honestly, this is to just to be able to do a couple of things I want
to do for sculpt, but which actually fall into the category of view
port drawing :)