[Bf-committers] Compositing View Port Proposal

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 07:00:34 CEST 2012

FBO is from July 2008 as part of the OpenGL 3.0 spec, but since Opengl
3.0 is the designed to support the same features as hardware that can
run direct x 10, which was introduced November 30, 2006 - that means
that it is beyond the 5 year time frame, especially since hardware
prior to that date can also run direct x 10.

Also the frame buffer extension is present in 2006.

Also since we want to support portables we have to switch to purely
opengl es compatible api calls.  FBO is present in the opengl es 2.0
spec and i think earlier versions as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenGL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectX#DirectX_10

LetterRip