[Bf-committers] GSoC 2012 / Importer work

Erwin Coumans erwin.coumans at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 04:52:31 CEST 2012

Having FBX import in Blender would be great.  Once you have ascii, you can
also do binary:

IrrExt as part of Irrlicht has some primivite ascii/binary FBX importer,
with very limited features.
http://irrext.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/irrext/trunk/extensions/scene/IMeshLoader/fbx
I added the source code with working Visual Studio 2010 project files in
http://code.google.com/p/gamekit/downloads/list

Just for the record, gamekit has 2 different .blend file importers,
one called bParse another FBT, if you are interested:
http://code.google.com/p/gamekit/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk
bParse is under gamekit/trunk/Dependencies/Source/Blender25,
File Binary Tables is under gamekit/trunk/Tools/FileTools

Thanks and good luck!
Erwin