[Bf-committers] User Preferences Option for Multitouch Gestures

patrick boelens p_boelens at msn.com
Wed Mar 21 03:04:19 CET 2012

Ah ok, I didn't know that was considered bad practice, sorry.
In my mind it made sense to tackle it at the source; "why send a trackpad event if you're not gonna use it anyway" kind of thought.
I can see where you're coming from though. Are there any other major decouplings/ separation like this in Blender that should be taken into account?

As for this case, I'm actually a bit stuck as well. Doing the check from GHOST would make the clear distinction of either pushing an GHOST_EventWheel event or a GHOST_EventTrackpad one.
Catching the GHOST_EventTrackpad in wm_event_system, I can now do a check for the USER_MULTITOUCH flag. If true, do MOUSEZOOM, MOUSEROTATE or MOUSEPAN accordingly.
Then the else if where I get stuck: I can do a check to see if the event was GHOST_kTrackpadEventScroll, but then how do I treat it?
Setting the event type to MOUSEZOOM won't work because of the UI amonst other things, and I can't just set it to WHEELUPMOUSE or WHEELDOWNMOUSE either, since it received a GHOST_EventTrackpad.
What would the correct approach be in this case?

Thanks,
Patrick

PS: Am I even correct in asking for this here, or would questions like these better belong on IRC?