[Bf-committers] Reference counting, deleting data and fake users

Mike Belanger mikejamesbelanger at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 14:26:49 CET 2012

The only thing I really miss from 2.49x was the 'noodles' mode in the Outliner.  Even though it had limited uses, it gave users an immediate impression as to what data blocks were in use, and what data blocks were not.

Then again, even that display mode didn't tell the user unused data blocks would be dropped upon re-opening the file.  But perhaps this could be used as some inspiration to this new 'asset manager' proposal.

Mike

mikebelanger.ca