[Bf-committers] kickstarter for VSE ?

Pittsburgh Filmmakers Institute digital at pghfilmmakers.org
Mon Mar 12 19:18:15 CET 2012

Hi blender devs.

I was wondering if there would be any interest in having a kickstarter project
started for someone to work on Blender's VSE, taking most of the ideas from
places like http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Requests/Sequencer

OK, I admit...I already /have/ started a kickstarter, primarily out of
ignorance for how software development really SHOULD be done (ie, talk to the
real devs FIRST).  So I am hoping that if you've seen news of my kickstarter
page, you have not been too offended.  So I'm here to bounce the idea off of
you developers now, with the intention of either earning your approval, or
else to be told that I've over-stepped my bounds and that I should take the
kickstart project offline.  Any offense was purely borne of my ignorance, and
not intended to be a personal afront to you, the Blender devs, or your code,
priorities, or hard work.

Thanks,