[Bf-committers] build blender with mingw

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 18:04:54 CET 2012

Looked a bit into this today:

http://mingw-w64.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mingw-w64/trunk/mingw-w64-doc/howto-build/mingw-w64-howto-build.txt?revision=4234

Looks like setting this up is not trivial even for experienced
builders. I am not sure if it's worth setting up. I mean, I am crazy
enough to try it but not crazy enough to support this...I will email
the MinGW64 team a few questions, mainly:

1) Do they plan to support official binaries?
2) Are the tools considered stable enough to use in a big project such
as blender?
3) Are there caveats when setting up the tools (for instance read:
http://www.gaia-gis.it/spatialite-3.0.0-BETA/mingw64_how_to.html)

 and see what they will respond.

I will keep the thread updated if it's OK flood-mail-wise.