[Bf-committers] build blender with mingw

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 22:50:24 CET 2012

I wouldn't mind trying to make it work though IMO mingw-w64 is still
not very user-friendly as a build system. There are no official
binaries provided yet, meaning that you either have to download a user
or automated build (not stable enough) or download the source/headers
to compile yourself(which personally haven't managed yet and I'd love
some advice if someone can do it). I think some more stable version is
required before we attempt to provide support for it. Alternatively we
can write a user's guide for building the official MinGW compiler from
the official sources as part of the build documentation.