[Bf-committers] Problem with precompiled oiio on Arch Linux

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 15:03:18 CET 2012

OIIO can't actually be recompiled with newer tiff because it's getting
compiled on release environment where tiff isn't actually really new. Also
it will cause problems in older systems like debian.
Precompiled libs were added only for systems where there's no needed
libraries versions available or where it's crappy to compile them
yourself. If you're using some kind of RR distros think it should be pretty
simple to install needed versions from repo or compile them yourself.
It'll be really tricky to compile them in a way that they might be used in
all systems and i'd say if you don;t have problems installing/compiling
libraries yourself, better not to use them.
I also hope to get rid of them totally as soon as most users will switch to
systems where ffmpeg >= 0.8 is installed.

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Denis Volokhovski <altitudebreath at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is a problem with compilation of recent blender
> on Arch Linux (probably for other distros too):
>
> at the final linking stage there is an error in precompiled Oiio:
>
> Linking CXX executable ../../bin/blender
> /c/b/lib/linux64/oiio/lib/libOpenImageIO.a(tiffinput.cpp.o): In function
> `OpenImageIO::v1_0::TIFFInput::find_tag(int, TIFFDataType, char const*)':
>
> tiffinput.cpp:(.text._ZN11OpenImageIO4v1_09TIFFInput8find_tagEi12TIFFDataTypePKc[OpenImageIO::v1_0::TIFFInput::find_tag(int,
> TIFFDataType, char const*)]+0x2e): undefined reference to
> `TIFFFindFieldInfo'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[3]: *** [bin/blender] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [source/creator/CMakeFiles/blender.dir/all] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>

> Looks like the problem was after switching to libtiff 4.0.
>
> Solution: oiio library should be recompiled (with new libtiff) - works
> fine.

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin