[Bf-committers] Cycles performance

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Tue Mar 6 14:17:55 CET 2012

Hi,

It's probably more compiler dependent than OS-dependent. Visual studio
does not compile the render kernel as well as gcc. I've been
developing with gcc, so that has some influence, and it's probably
possible to tweak the code such that it compiles faster on visual
studio. Thread management could be related but last I checked
rendering threads were kept busy.

Brecht.