[Bf-committers] Weekly developer meeting minutes, march 4 2012

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Mon Mar 5 07:23:25 CET 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 6:05 AM, Nathan Vegdahl <cessen at cessen.com> wrote:

> I agree.  But I would still rather see hinge deprecated than improved.
>  I guess we just have different thresholds for "added back-end
> complexity" vs "shorter workflow".  To me, this has a very minor
> workflow benefit, but appears to make quite a lot of changes and add a
> fair amount of complexity to the transform code base.

+1

As a general rule, blender is already too far on the 'overcomplicated
hard-coded special cases' side - it needs more in the way of simple,
rock solid, generic tools that work capably and reliably, that can be
adapted to your own usage patterns. This seems harder to achieve in
open source where volunteer devs like to work on their own little
systems and portions of code, but it's better for users in the long
run.