[Bf-committers] Weekly developer meeting minutes, march 4 2012

Mike Belanger mikejamesbelanger at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 04:22:44 CET 2012

This new feature looks like it might re-validate Hinge.  From what I understand from the wiki, a bone inheriting from not its immediate parent, but from its earlier parent *could* be useful.  Sure, like Nathan says, the behaviour can be done with trivial rig setups.  However, at the other end of the spectrum, you don't want the rigger doing too much stuff over and over.  In theory, the rigger *could* 'flatten' the entire hierarchy (minus the ik arms) and have basically no child bones, and define all relationships with constraints - but that'd be a lot of work.

Interested in this feature.