[Bf-committers] Rotate/Pan during Circle Select

Ryan King rking at panoptic.com
Sun Mar 4 02:56:29 CET 2012

I was talking with a user coming from another 3D package who was bummed
about our Circle Select mode requiring you to cancel / rotate / re-enter
the mode.

My first thought was that it would require an unpopular remapping of MMB
(since MMB is used to deselect verts, it cannot be used to Rotate/Pan).

So as a workaround I was prepared to tell him to simply use the Keypad
navigation - only to find it doesn't work in this mode.

Is the implementation of Circle Select Mode somehow tangled that it would
be a major challenge to add the ability to use the Numpad while in that
mode?

Thank you very much,
- rking