[Bf-committers] remove face flip tool?

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 14:18:56 CET 2012

After BMesh merge I noticed "Face Flip" tool wasn't functional, but
not tagged with BMESH_TODO (else I'd have noticed).

As I understand it this tool swaps the direction of the edge between 2
or more selected triangles.

Is this tool worth adding back? - Its very similar to edge flip, the
main advantage AFAIK is that in some cases its easier to select a
bunch of triangle pairs - rather then the edge in-between each one.

Think it would be better to add support for rotating multiple edges at
once and keep this tool removed since it only worked with triangles
and we have beauty fill for common cases where you want to get nicer
fills.

--
- Campbell