[Bf-committers] Fedora 17 updated to OpenImageIO version 1.0.5 No longer links Blender

Terry Wallwork terrywallwork at netscape.net
Thu Jun 28 17:09:27 CEST 2012

Hi Richard,

Sorry for the noise, it links here also, I just needed to delete the
Blender source and build files to get it to compile and link against the
newer OIIO version.

On the rpm building advice.  The reason I tend not to use it, is
sometimes Fedora doesn't keep up with the version of Python that Blender
often wants to use, same with ffmpeg (fusion can take a while to get
newer ffmpeg versions).  I download the Python, FFMPEG, OpenCollada,
Numpy, sources with by build script so I don't have to wait for Fedora's
rpm's to catch up with what Blender needs.  Though recently the version
of Python Fedora ships in rpm and what Blender needs have been recent
enough.

Anyway sorry for the time wasting :)

Terry Wallwork